Vegetarian nachos. Get Vegan Cheese Nachos today with Drive Up, Pick Up or Same Day Delivery. Of course it's up to you to serve these vegetarian nachos as an appetizer instead of a main meal, but where would the fun in that be? These vegetarian nachos covered in refried beans, jalapeno salsa, pepper Jack cheese, and olives are a satisfying dinner on a busy night.
I am always on the lookout for those easy dinner ideas that I can pull together in a snap. These vegetarian nachos fit that profile perfectly, plus they are filled with veggies!🎉. In a large pot, over medium-high heat, bring lentils, broth, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and oregano to a boil. You can cook Vegetarian nachos using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian nachos
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of brown onion, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of ground coriander.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- You need 1 of zucchini, finely chopped.
- It’s 400 g of can finely chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- It’s 2 of x 400g cans brown lentils, drained, rinsed.
- It’s 2 of x 130g packets nacho cheese tortilla corn chips.
- It’s 1 cup of pizza cheese.
- Prepare 1 of avocado, sliced.
- Prepare 250 g of cherry tomatoes, halved.
- You need 1 of small red onion, halved, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 of fresh jalapeno chilli, halved, sliced.
- Prepare of Sour cream, serve.
- It’s of Fresh coriander leaves, to serve.
- It’s of Lime wedges, to serve.
- You need of Mild paprika, to serve.
These Healthy Vegetarian Nachos are my new favourite way to get my veggies in while still enjoying a delicious snack. My readers love this Thai Chicken and Spiralized Zucchini Salad and this Healthy Greek Yogurt Caesar Salad! Vegan nachos with vegan taco meat, black beans, pico de gallo, vegan nacho cheese and guacamole. Ultra-cheesy, spicy and better than a restaurant!
Vegetarian nachos instructions
- Preheat grill on high..
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring for 4 minutes or until just softened. Add garlic, ground coriander and cumin. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add zucchini. Cook for 1 minute. Add chopped tomatoes and tomato paste. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add lentils. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture thickens..
- Meanwhile, place chips on large baking tray. Top with cheese. Bake for 2 minutes or until golden..
- Top cheese with lentil mixture, avocado, cherry tomato, red onion, chilli and avocado. Sprinkle with fresh coriander. Sprinkle with paprika. Serve with sour cream and lime..
Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray; spread chips evenly on sheet. In a bowl, combine beans, pepper, corn and cumin; spoon over chips. Once I discovered the secret to Cashew-Less Vegan Queso, I wanted to put it on everything within reach; starting with nachos, of course. And based on your reaction to this sneak peek photo, you guys really wanted this recipe. Well, the wait is officially over!